Milan Design Week ’19: join the biggest Instagram design competition!
Thanks to ExpoWanted, 10 designers from all over the world will exhibit their projects for free at Milan Design Week 2019.
We created the ExpoWanted contest to give designers the opportunity to exhibit at the upcoming Milan Design Week 2019 for FREE!
Design is democratic, the value of the competition is to allow anyone with talent to compete to access the most prestigious stage in the world: the Milan Design Week.
Students, designers, architects, design studios and companies are invited to enter the competition.
The only discriminating factor will be the quality expressed by the competing projects that will be selected (object of the competition) for how they impact on people’s daily lives, helping to improve our day because they are smart and able to have a positive impact on our habits and activities.
A prestigious and authoritative jury will evaluate your project
- Mirco Pasqualini, Head of Design at Ogilvy (NY)
- Sarah Wayne Callies, Hollywood star, Design enthusiast, protagonist of series such as Prison Break and The Walking Dead
- Margriet Vollenberg, Founder at Organisation in Design and Ventura Projects, one of the most influential and visited projects of the Milan design week
- Aleks Tatic, Founder of the homonymous Tatic Designstudio and historical judge of the Red Dot Award
- Fabio Colturri, entrepreneur in the retail world, owner of the Haigō concept store in Milan
- Patrick Abbattista, Founder & CEO at DesignWanted
will have the task to choose 7 of the 10 winners, while 3 will be decreed by public vote on Instagram and on the official website of ExpoWanted.
ExpoWanted selection criteria
- Market potentiala
will be taken into consideration in the admission and selection process.
Awarded not only in terms of public visibility, but with a real business opportunity
For the 10 winners, a prize in kind worth over 20,000 euros each, the media coverage of the big event and the opportunity to develop the business thanks to:
● Exposition in the space of ExpoWanted @ Tortona Design District
● A communication campaign with the support of DesignWanted, promoter of the initiative
● The meeting with thousands of professionals from the design industry, including buyers and journalists
A location in the heart of Fuorisalone
We will bring the winners to the heart of the Fuorisalone, in collaboration with Ventura Projects, within BASE Milano, in the most visited design district: the Tortona Design District.
Tortona District has always been synonymous with fashion and design, a neighborhood of industrial buildings once destined for factories and now home to numerous ateliers, studios and showrooms.
In Milan, the place of creativity par excellence and recognised as such by the international creative community.
The expected visitors are over 150,000.
Prestigious international partners, and new media.
ExpoWanted is a project conceived by DesignWanted, and realised thanks to the collaboration of important international partners.
Above all, Ventura Projects, a strategic player of the Fuorisalone that has contributed to shaping the Design Week as we know it today and thanks to which ExpoWanted will be in Tortona.
Among the media supporters of the event:
- The magazines Feel Desain and Design42Day
- Instagram influencers such as Amazing Architecture, Architecture Hunter, Design Bunker, Design Only, All Of Architecture
- The Italian editorial group TVN Media Group
- The Italian retail brand Haigō
- Organizations like The Institute, which brings together all the Rumanian creative realities, and Creative Industries Styria, point of reference for the Styrian creative companies.
Registration process and deadline for submissions
Participating is simple, just register your project here.
The first selection will be projects that have respected the formal criteria and content of the competition, after which the projects admitted will be reduced to a shortlist and then voted by both the judges and the public, in order to decree the 10 winners.
Deadline for registration: 28th February 2019 (with possible extension)
- Price: registration is free.
- If suitable, the participant can proceed with the selection process by paying a fee of € 50.
Enter now to get your chance!
Thanks to ExpoWanted, you can exhibit for free at the next Milan Design Week 2019!