The 2017 SBID International Design Awards is now open for submissions
SBID Awards is regarded as one of the most prestigious accolades in the interior design industry with represented nations spanning across 5 continents and over 43 countries worldwide.
Each entry undergoes an exclusive two-tier judging process by panels of leading industry experts for both technical content and aesthetic creativity and evaluates essential elements such as:
- Brief compliance
- Health & Safety
- Fit-for-purpose design
New additions to the revered panel of judges this year include:
- Andrew Katz, partner at Prospect Hotel Advisors LLC who are advisors to the Blackstone Group on their global hotel portfolio
- Matthew Tierney, Director of Brand Creative at Autodesk
- Carlo Castelli, Director of Strategic Planning and Design at Aecom
The existing panel of esteemed judges include:
- Marek Reichman, Creative Director of Aston Martin
- Lewis Carnie, Head of Programmes at BBC Radio 2 & 6
- Sir Michael Dixon, Director at the National History Museum, London
- Kevin Mau, Senior Creative Director at The Boeing Company
- Jane Preston, Facilities Manager UK, Real Estate & Workplace Services at Google
- David Lewis, Managing Director of Sunseeker London
- Carolina Calzada, Managing Director at Colour Hive
- Patrick Taylor, Managing Director of Taylist Media
- Ben McOwen Wilson, Director of Content Partnerships at YouTube
This year’s edition will also split the most popular contract and residential categories into separate divisions, breaking the Hotel Design category into Public Space and Rooms and Suites while the Residential category will look at Apartments and Houses separately in the Under £1 Million category.
These changes ensure that all aspects of the sought-after categories are celebrated in their entirety. They will join the existing favourites including best Retail, Office and Public Space Design, to name a few.
A distinguished panel of sponsors include ABB Group, Natuzzi Italia, Maison & Objet, Wools of New Zealand, and Sans Souci Glass Deco just to name a few!
SBID Awards: Architects and interior designers are invited to submit their projects by Friday 30 June 2017.
The finalists will be announced in July 2017, and once announced, the public will be invited to cast their vote for their favourite projects online, which will contribute to the overall scores.
Entry is free of charge for SBID members and a fee applies for non-members. Previous editions’ finalists and winners are available to view here.
For more information on the SBID Awards, visit the official website.
You can also follow their blog to discover the project of the week.
The winners will benefit from extensive media and social media exposure throughout the year as well as the right to use the ‘SBID Winner 2017′ logo on their website.
They will also have the opportunity to network with top design professionals and potential clients and will receive the crystal trophy at the ceremony.
Shortlisted entrants will also receive media and social media exposure and the right to use the ‘SBID Shortlisted 2017′ logo.
To know more about SBID (Society of British International Design), click here.